Sunday, February 13, 2011

Valentine Card 2011


Hi
With so many Valentine cards all around I felt I needed to make at least one. I started out with a white card stock base. On the next layer I took watercolor paper and adhered white tissue paper with the hearts on it and then ran the whole thing through the Cuttlebug (Swirls is the folder, I think). I thought maybe the tissue paper would be thin enough to show the sparkles I sprinkled onto the glue before I laid the tissue paper, but it wasn't so the sparkles don't show through. Then I sewed around that layer with the machine and fancy stitches to hold the red lace on.
The butterfly had a thin layer of red tissue paper adhered to watercolor paper and then the heart tissue paper and then I used my Creatable die from Marianne Design to make the butterfly.
Of course it had to have bling so three stick on jewels (Dollar Store) and some red stickles. The background is a little whiter in real life. Now that's it for me.
Have a Blessed day.
Myrna

No comments: