Wednesday, February 23, 2011

My first, but not last, easel card


Hi
As I have said before, I love to try and do different shaped cards and so it was time to try an easel card.
I actually cut it out of the burnt orange because I don't like that card stock and so if it didn't work I wasn't going to be too upset. So of course I had to try and accent it so found some brown shiny paper that I had in the stash. Printed the picture from Graphics Fairy on photo paper and trimmed with some old lace I have in my huge stash. Found a butterfly in the stash and mounted it on pop dots and a spellbinder die. Guess if you want to see the verse you will need to click on the pic. It didn't come out as clear as I had hoped.
That's it for my first try and I will do some more now that I found out how easy it is.
Have a Blessed day.
Myrna

3 comments:

Gail said...

Well Myrna, you rocked the easel card!
The brown & orange looks all right too!
I've got stuff in my stash too that makes me shake my head and wonder what I was thinking!

Curt in Indy said...

Just beautiful! I think it was so creative for you to use the butterfly for the "stop" of the easel. Such an inspiration for me to try one of these. Best, Curt

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Lovely work, Myrna. I love this style of card too. Your butterfly on the bottom part is a cute touch.