Thursday, March 7, 2013

What a mix of colors !!

Hi
OK I am not totally crazy about this card but promised Juliet I would post my experiment. 
I like the snow effect on the wreath that I used to frame my card even though I am not crazy about the foot or more of snow we had.  I like to take my pics outside if I can.
The chrysanthemum is yellow cardstock with orange ink made from an orange reinker and water.   Pic of the flowers that inspired me to try for the same affect was this gorgeous plant was in Safeway in Colorado.
The aperture is cut with the Cricut cartridge Pagoda card on page 56. 
The frame for the sentiment is an EK Real Estate Sign Large Punch  with the center part from a freebie by http://cleversomeday.wordpress.com and the Just Because is a stamp from SU probably.
Have a Blessed day.
Myrna

10 comments:

kathi17 said...

This is so bright and cheerful Myrna. Your chrysanthemum came out beautiful, and the colors are very pretty together!

Gail said...

It is VERY cheerful!
Love the chrysanthemum!

Jackie said...

Oh I love those bold colours and that chrysanthemum is gorgeous :o)
Jackie xx

Chrissy C said...

Fabulous - lovely and bright.
Myna, I have just noticed that you live in Calgary, Alberta. My eldest daughter lives there too. (4 years now). She is at Coventry Hills and is a manager at a riding stables. Wow, what a small world eh? We will be going out there in September. We go at least once a year.
I lived and worked in Montreal years ago and a workmate there who I have been in contact with ever sincemoved to Okotoks and runs an equestrian shop.
xx

Chrissy C said...

Oops missed an r out of your name! Sorry

Bonnie Weiss said...

I'd say that this experiment went very well, Myrna!

Audrey Frelx said...

Hi, Myrna! Well, I think it's beautiful, your chrysanthemum looks gorgeous to me, and I love the colors.

I agree that while the snow around your wreath looks beautiful, there's been just toooo much of the real thing for me too!!! Don't like it at all... lol!!! Oh, how I wish that it would rain... lol!!!

Hugs, my friend!

Carol P said...

I think it came out very well! I hope you bought those flowers :)

Myoriah said...

Beautiful take on the inspiration. Your card came out gorgeous. Beautiful colors and great layout. Thanks for sharing!

Dr Sonia S V said...

WOW such a beautiful color combination Myrna