Friday, March 22, 2013

Pretty in blue and white

Hi
I have been making a lot of these simple little cards because I have so many folders that haven't been used and also embellishments that needed using up.  The cards are 4.25" x 5.5".  An 8.5" x 11.0" piece of card stock gives 2 cute little cards.  The gorgeous paper that lines the card and envelope was a freebie.  So sorry I don't remember who did it but if you recognize it I will be happy to give credit.  Yes Angelin here I am again with the blue.  Honest I will change colors soon; promise.  :)
The folder is from The Paper Studio.
The flowers are a Marianne Design flower made with fun foam and stickles added.  The white flower is really white but showed pink in the photo.
 As usual, clicking on the pic will show embossing detail.
Have a Blessed day.
Myrna

7 comments:

Betty Benton said...

Sweet flowers -- and I do love how you line your envelopes!!

Audrey Frelx said...

Myrna, love your matching card and envie -- sooo pretty!

Beebeebabs said...

Beautiful card and envie you did a fabulous job tfs!!!

kathi17 said...

This is a really cute set Myrna, and I love the blue. I'm always too cheap to line my envelopes, but it gives such a nice touch!

Chrissy C said...

Lovely embossing work - I like blue.

Gail said...

That's a great embossing folder!
The flowers look marvelous!
My cards are ususally that size...maybe for mailing!?
Thanks for popping by to visit!

Myoriah said...

I used to make my card larger but now that is the size that I usually make them. Cheaper to mail that way.

I love your cards and the embossing folders that you use. I'm thinking I need to dust off my Big Shot and use some of my embossing folders.

Those fun foam flowers are so much fun on this card. Thanks for the idea I'm going to have to cut some out and heat emboss them or paint them with glitter paint.

Have you either directly used a ink pad on a folder or brayered ink on one? The results will depend on which side you put the ink. Sometimes I will use one color one side and another color the other side and then decide which I like best. It is also fun to adhere foil to card stock and then emboss it. I then use alcohol ink to color.