Wednesday, August 17, 2011

My moms painting Autumn scene


Hi
I know I have been very lax in posting to my blog lately. As I have said before, there are many things on my desk waiting to be put together to make a card but I just haven't seemed to be able to get it together.
Awhile back I had said I was going to post some of my moms paintings. So today I have taken pictures and I will post them one at a time. My mom passed away 12 years ago and these paintings were done at least 40 years ago. She was 90 when she passed and she painted right up until she was 88 or 89.
Here is the first one and it is framed in a very old wooden frame. I love the colors and the little old cottage in the background. The camera may have given it too much yellow but it is still a pretty painting.
Have a Blessed day.
Myrna

3 comments:

Gail said...

Holy cow! That's awesome!

Dr Sonia S V said...

Myrna I was happy when I saw your post on my dashboard. Just the other day I was thinking you had not posted more paintings! yes I am a crazy person and do think of my blogger friends outside the virtual world too!Such a lovely painitng

Carolina Girl (Cely) said...

See, I missed this beautiful scene painting too. This morning your post showed on my blog but now the last 3....I'm having a wonderful time touring the paintings....just awesome!