Thursday, August 18, 2011

Moms paintings First in a series of three


Hi
This is the first in a series of three paintings that my mom did. She had done this one and when I saw it I thought it would be nice to have a story told by some more paintings. So I asked her if she would do two more for me and she agreed. This is the first where the Indian maiden is contemplating her life. They are all framed in older wooden frames. I am wondering if I should have them reframed to reflect the style of my present home. We shall see. Any comments are welcome.
Whoops, I made an error in how old the paintings were. They were done in 1982 and 1983.
Have a Blessed day.
Myrna

6 comments:

Cheryl First said...

Your mom does beautiful work! I love the frame detail......maybe just painting it a different color to match the deocr in your place, instead of reframing?

Tracy said...

Such a beautiful painting.
How special that you have these. Lovely

Juliet A said...

I have some paintings my grandmother did (she died in the seventies). The frames are worn and out of style, but they really go with the paintings - they reflect the artistic sentiment of the moment.

Carolina Girl (Cely) said...

OMGosh....how did I miss this! Absolutely beautiful!!!!!!!! Takes my breath!

Betty Benton said...

Lovely!!

Gail said...

How'd I miss painting 1 in the set!?
It's great!