Friday, October 1, 2010

50th Wedding Anniversary



Hi
It has been such a long time since I posted on my blog.
Today I wanted to share a card I made for very good friends of ours.
There is a wee bit of a story . They were married the same day, same church, same hour, same amount of bridesmaids as I was. They were married in Quebec and I was married in Saskatchewan. We did not know each other. My marriage ended 15 years later.
I eventually met and married a young man from Quebec. It turned out they had been friends in Quebec. Now we all have been friends and I have been married to my husband for 32 years.
The card is from the template from Curt at Curt's World and Lynn Pratt at www.stampndesign.blogspot.com . The dress is made of handmade paper cut into two layers with the panel layers embossed with gold ink and heat embossed. The tuxedo is made from handmade paper and the shirt is the same handmade paper as the brides dress. I lined the envelope with the same gold paper the card was layered on. The card is approximately 5"x6".
The cake was absolutely gorgeous and very tasty. Their children and spouses put on a fantastic party and we enjoyed meeting all their friends and many who we have met over the years and are now our friends.
Have a blessed day.
Myrna

5 comments:

Gail said...

You rocked that card Myrna!
Thanks for leaving such nice comments on my blog!
And I see we both know 'Curt'!
Keep up the good work!

Curt in Indy said...

Hey Myrna! I'm so sorry I missed not commenting on this post! I totally meant to but got distracted (as often happens! LOL) I'm so glad you got the pattern for this! You did an awesome job on this card! WOW how beautiful. Love the gold accents. Great story too! Best, Curt

Tracy said...

Ohhh this card is beautiful. I would keep this on display.

Betty Benton said...

What a special card to celebrate a special anniversary! Great job, Myrna!

Carolina Girl (Cely) said...

OMGosh...this is awesome and the dress is made of layers of paper....beautiful!!!