Friday, October 14, 2011

This is what I have been doing instead of cards



Hi
Well after 3 weeks with his family in Colorado, one week with my brother in British Columbia and 1 week with our family in Alberta I am trying to get back in the swing of things. Not an easy task. lol
While we were in B.C. my sister-in-law and I picked at least 40 pounds of blue plums. I didn't know that 40 pounds of plums could be so much fruit. I brought back 120 pounds of apples. I also raided her garden for beets, carrots, pumpkin, potatoes, corn and onions. Once that was done we cleaned up the garden for the winter.
This is only a small portion of the canning I did in the 3 days before we went to my daughters. There are beet pickles, pumpkin for freezing and beets for freezing. Also froze 8 freezer bags of plums. Didn't even make a dent in the boxes. On top of that I made 6 pie crusts, one pumpkin pie and one apple pie for an early Thanksgiving and early birthday celebration for Joy. Because she works those days, we celebrated early.
I also took a picture of the birthday card I made for Lacey and forgot to post before the holidays. Now it is on the camera but I am having a problem taking photos off of the camera.
Ok that's it me for this time. More on my adventures with canning in the next post (if I can get the pics off the camera).
Have a Blessed day.
Myrna

5 comments:

Betty Benton said...

All right!! You must be glad to have such a wonderful stock of fruits and veggies! A lot of work though!

Angel said...

Wow!! thats very interesting Myrna.hope you had a nice holiday.

Dr Sonia S V said...

Oh wow my mouth is watering Myrna!! No wonder you didnt have time for anything else!!

Gail said...

You go girl!
You make a great apprentice!
Hahahaha!
Have you thought about plum jam?
It's pretty darn good!

Curt in Indy said...

It may be a lot of work, but it sure looks to me like it was worth it! Wow all that stuff looks yummy. It's not really nice to make people sit here at their desks drooling on their keyboards! LOL Best, Curt